Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sketches from Whistler BC

Base of Blackcomb Mountain
Last week we had an opportunity to spend time in Whistler, BC.  Our son was taking a photography workshop up at Whistler, which gave us an excuse to go up for a vacation.  I spent my time sketching and painting different places.  It was an interesting experience.  It is so rare for people to see someone sketching that you always have someone come up and talk to you. 

This was the first sketch I did sitting at the base of Blackcomb Mountain. During the summer this area turns into a family fun center.  During the winter ski season this is the base where the chair lifts take you up to the mountain for skiing.  I was sitting sketching and met a mom and daugther who were waiting for their son/brother to finish skiing on the glacier. She was interested in my sketching because her 14 year old son has a passion for sketching.  I told her to have him keep it up!   

No comments:

Post a Comment