Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cafe Fiora

It has been a long time since I have had a chance to sketch for fun.  Today on the way back from a meeting I stopped by Cafe Fiora for lunch and Coffee.  I had never been there before.  It looked like a cool place from the outside and it was really cool from the inside.  It is a place with a lot of atmosphere and character.
One of the participants of the workshop asked me if I draw people or buildings first.  I told them I draw the space first because I can't draw people very well.  So you will always see lines through the people as you see here in this sketch.  The lines disappear visually after you apply watercolor....at least they become less apparent.
I have gotten a bit tight with my sketches and really wanted to just be loose.  So I took the following advice.  "Be loose, be free and be brave!"  Don't worry just sketch......  I liked what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment