Monday, June 23, 2014

Sketching at St. Joes

My Tuesday Sketching Class will be sketching at St. Joes tomorrow afternoon.  So I went out to scope out what there is to draw.  There are some great spots there, of course Capitol Hill has wonderful old homes with tree lined streets.  It should be fun.
I decided to test out my watercolor pencils instead of watercolors.
Here is the ink sketch at two stages.  With watercolor pencil over lay and then with a water brush wash to blend the watercolor pencil.  It gave an energetic sketch!

We still have openings for the watercolor session starting July 1st.  If you are interested contact me about the class:  gail(at)glwarc(dot)com .   Meets Tuesday from 2-5pm.

Water wash over watercolor pencil

Watercolor pencil over ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment