Monday, May 19, 2014

Hat 'N Boots and Montlake Music and Arts Festival

Yesterday was a full day of sketch related events.  In the morning I went to Georgetown for the monthly Urban sketchers meet up and sketched the Hat 'N Boots at Oxbow Park.  This was originally built for a Georgetown Gas Station in 1953 making it one of the most successful Gas station in Washington State.  Years later it was abandoned and in need of renovation.  The Georgetown Community saved it and relocated it to the Oxbow Park where is now resides.

In the afternoon I was part of the Montlake Community Music and Arts Festival.  While I had 5 sketches exhibited I watched and listened to some great groups that have some affiliation with Montlake.  Here are a couple of sketches I did over pages I had used for testing watercolor. 
Layered System

Mother Pluckers

Set up At Montlake Music and Arts Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment