Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sketching with Shari, Liz and Chris

One of the nice things about going to the symposium is the chances to "bump" into sketchers on the street. The second morning we were in Barcelona, John and I went for a walk to get familiar with the city. As we were walking in the Barri Gotic, I happen to look into a courtyard and see Liz Steel, Shari Blaukoph and Liz's friend Chris sitting there sketching.  I came up to them and introduced myself.  We all know each other from the internet, Facebook, urban sketchers blogs and flickr, but this was the first time I have met them in person.  It was as if we had known each other for a long time!

Shari was running through her workshop for the next day and using Liz and Chris as guinea pigs.
I asked to join them and they  graciously said yes.  We spent at least 2-3 hours watching Shari demo and doing some of the exercises Shari was considering using for her workshop.  We gave her some feed back on the exercises.  Here are the process photos I took of Shari building up her watercolor.
The bottom sketches were the thumbnail sketches I did looking at composition.
It was really a great experience and one of the benefits of going to these symposiums.

And where was John?  He took off to photograph Barcelona and came back a couple of times until we were done.  Patient husband!







No comments:

Post a Comment